The external board at ARC meets at least twice a year, supporting and fostering the activity at ARC. It has an advisory role in budget issues as well as the overall planning of major ARC activities.
- Mårten Palme, Professor of Economics, Stockholm University, Chair
- Maria Ankarcrona (Head of Department), Professor of Experimental Neurogeriatrics, Karolinska Institutet, representative of Karolinska Institutet as Head of Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
- Martin Annetorp, Acting Manager Director, Aging Theme, Karolinska University Hospital (Stockholm County Council, Health Care Services)
- Bo Burström, Professor of Social Medicine, Karolinska Institutet
- Johanna Hållén, Secretary-General, PRO (the Swedish National Pensioners’ Organisation)
- Maria Masucci, Professor of Virology and Deputy Vice-Chancellor for International Affairs, Karolinska Institutet
- Susanne Rolfner Suvanto, Manager, the nursing institute in Sweden
- Ola Sjöberg, Professor of sociology at the Swedish Institute for Social Research, Stockholm University
- Maria Stanfors, Professor of Economic History, Lund University
Current adjunct member
- Carin Lennartsson, Director and Deputy Head of Aging Research Center (ARC), Senior lecturer.