ARC’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of older individuals by contributing to the understanding of the aging process from a biomedical, and psychological and sociological perspective in relation to life-long social and physical contexts. ARC conducts research and education and spreads research findings within and outside the scientific community.
Welcome to ARC’s website!
If you discover flaws (e.g. links not working or missing photos), or lack some information you think should be included in the website, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
ARC upcoming events
- Two biostatisticians (two different projects), temporary full time positions longer than 6 months. Deadline for application is 17 June 2021.
- Test leader/research assistant (SNAC-K project), temporary full time position 6 months. Deadline for application is 22 June 2021.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Geriatric Epidemiology, temporary full time position longer than 6 months. Deadline for application is 25 June 2021.
- Principal Researcher in Epidemiology of Aging with a Focus on Dementia Prevention, permanent full time position. Deadline 25 June 2021.
- Postdoctor in Social Gerontology with focus on life course analysis, temporary position longer than 6 months. Deadline for application is 15 August 2021.
- Dalarna University is looking for a PhD student in Health and Welfare within the project: “Causes and actions of late loneliness (CALL)” (in collaboration with Aging Research Center).
The position is a full-time fixed-term position for five years (at 80% pace of study, corresponding to 4 years of full-time studies as a doctoral student) and departmental service related to teaching or other assignments at the University (20%). Deadline for application is 15 August 2021.
Available positions at ARC are also advertised on the Job openings page. All open academic and administrative positions are listed on Karolinska Institutet’s website – including all open positions for doctoral students and post docs.
Focus on Aging in a unique Arts & Science project
A collaborative project between ARC and the Stockholm School of Photography at Folkuniversitetet with the purpose of producing representative photographs of older people based on the research conducted at ARC. Read more about the project.
Pelle, 83, and Solveig, 81. Photo: Sofia Strååt
Adriana, 84. Photo: Victor Celis Schüberg
Bengt, 75. Photo: Linn Fryk
Gun-Britt, 74. Photo: Maria Leck
Gunnar, 75. Photo: Federica Poiana
Karl-Erik, 76. Photo: Linda Ydemar
Vivi-Anne, 79. Photo: Cecilia Öhlund
Bengt, 86. Photo: Rebecca Lindblad