Please find below links to ARC’s publications’ lists, with the newest listed first.
- About us
- Data sets
- The Swedish National Study on Aging and Care in Kungsholmen (SNAC-K) Population Study
- SNACK-MRI Population Study
- The Swedish National Study on Aging and Care in Kungsholmen (SNAC-K) Care System Study
- Swedish Panel Study of Living Conditions of the Oldest Old (SWEOLD)
- The Cognition, Brain, and Aging (COBRA) Project
- The Kungsholmen Project
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors, Aging and Dementia (CAIDE)
- Finnish Geriatric Intervention Study to Prevent Cognitive Impairment and Disability (FINGER)
- The Betula Project
- Dementia in Swedish Twins (HARMONY)
- Graduate school
- News & Press
ARC – a division of NVS
NVS is a department of Karolinska Institutet and stands for: Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS).
ARC is led by Laura Fratiglioni, Director, and Kristina Johnell, Division Head.
Weekly seminars and international forums
Thank you for attending the Spring seminars at ARC – welcome back this Fall.
Upcoming dissertations and half-times
September 24 at 09:30
Dissertation: Cardiovascular risk factors, brain structure, and cognitive decline in old age: A population-based study
Supervisor: Chengxuan Qiu
Co-supervisors: Laura Fratiglioni, Grégoria Kalpouzos
Opponent: Monique M Breteler
Place: Hillarpsalen, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius väg 8, Solna
October 2 - Dissertation: Cognitive performance in old-age depression
November 20- Dissertation: Gotta survey somebody: methodological challenges in population surveys of older people
Register for conference on Ageing and Health
ARC is together with CASE and AgeCap organising the conference “Horizons for Comparative and Integrative Research on Ageing and Health” in Stockholm, Sweden, October 7-8, 2015. The conference is funded by the Swedish Research council.
There is no registration fee for the conference, but delegates are responsible for the costs of their own travel and accommodations.
Want to know more about elderly care in Sweden?
The Stockholm Gerontology Research Center links research with practice, promoting the use of research findings in the social and health care sectors. Their website is a good place to go for information about social and health care for older people in Sweden.
Looking for information about dementia?
The Swedish Dementia Centre spreads knowledge about dementia, and you can find comprehensive information about dementia on their website. Most of the information is in Swedish, but some is in English.