Grants from the Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research make up about 25% of our total budget and cover operational costs and the salaries for senior researchers. Funding from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University covers approximately 15% of our budget and is used to maintain and update our large databases and pay the salaries of postdoctoral and some doctoral students. Large research grants from other sources make up around 60% of our budget. These external grants to individual researchers make it possible for us to employ PhD students and carry out research that allows us to maintain our position as a national center of excellence.
- About us
- Data sets
- The Swedish National Study on Aging and Care in Kungsholmen (SNAC-K) Population Study
- SNACK-MRI Population Study
- The Swedish National Study on Aging and Care in Kungsholmen (SNAC-K) Care System Study
- Swedish Panel Study of Living Conditions of the Oldest Old (SWEOLD)
- The Cognition, Brain, and Aging (COBRA) Project
- The Kungsholmen Project
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors, Aging and Dementia (CAIDE)
- Finnish Geriatric Intervention Study to Prevent Cognitive Impairment and Disability (FINGER)
- The Betula Project
- Dementia in Swedish Twins (HARMONY)
- Graduate school
- News & Press
ARC – a division of NVS
NVS is a department of Karolinska Institutet and stands for: Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS).
Weekly seminars and international forums
Next seminar is on Wednesday April 15, at 11 to 12:
Family patterns, life style and retirement
Gunnar Malmberg, Professor, Centre for Demographic and Ageing Research (CEDAR), Umea University
We are located on floors 8 and 9 of Gävlegatan 16, SE-113 30 Stockholm, Sweden.
You can reach us by taking bus 3, 70, 73, 77 or 507 to Torsplan, which is located just before the “Solna bridge” that leads to Karolinska Institutet. Gävlegatan is just around the corner from Torsplan.
Take the subway to the “S:t Eriksplan” station and take the Torsgatan exit to street level. From there it’s about five to ten minutes walk to Gävlegatan 16. (Please see the map for route. The subway station is marked with a blue T).
From Stockholm’s Central Station
Take bus 65 from Vasagatan (across the street from the Central Station and in front of McDonalds) to the traffic circle called “Vanadisplan.” Gävlegatan is one of the streets that radiates out from Vanadisplan (please see the map).
For more information, contact Coordinator Johanna Bylund at
+46 8 690 5823 or email@example.com